Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

my son 23 yrs of age in the last two weeks has

Customer Question

my son 23 yrs of age in the last two weeks has reported having some type of episodes, I "strange feeling and then just breaking out in a sweat and feeling very weak and drops to his knees and feels if he''s shaking from chills and has a strange pain in top of his head and his vision was completely blurred and this last for 15 min or so. About a week and half later it happens again and last for about 20 min with severe weakness same sweating spell and vision blurred. does this sound like seizure disorder or neuro problem of other type?
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Physician replied 8 years ago.
Without examing him, getting a complete medical history and performing some test, a diagnosis would be impossible.

He needs to be examined by a physician as soon as possible. If he is currently having these symptoms now, or if he has another of the spells, he needs to be taken to the emergency room immediately.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Family Physician's Post: my whole message did not appear so i don't know if you seen it all. but can you tell me if it sounds like some type seizure with him having a breaking out in a sweat and then shaking from like having the chills. and vision getting so blurred he can't see. with the first he had a strange pain in head. the second he said did last longer.
There are a number of things that this could be including migraine headaches or even hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)

Seizures would not be my first guess based on the fact that there is no loss of consciousness.

He would however need to be examined and have some testing to make a diagnosis (and to exclude other diagnoses.