Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

Hi, im 29 and trying to get pregnant. for some

Hi, i''m 29 and trying to get pregnant. for some reason I have noticed a little blood everytime I wipe. its not my period and i took a pregnancy test last week, but it was negative. Any reason I may be bleeding?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 8 years ago.

What is the date of your last period?

On what date you took pregnancy test?

Do you have regular periods?

Is there nausea?

Any pain abdomen?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Last period: Started May 8th. my cycle is about 35 days. for the past 3 month they have been very dark. I took preganacy test on the 25th. the bleeding now looks like fresh blood.

i few waves of nausea a little cramping.

As duration of your cycle is 35 days.Your last period started on may 8th so your next period is expected to come on june.13.The pregnancy tests you have taken was too early to detect HCG in urine.The most reliable time to take a pregnancy test is one week after you have missed a period(expected date of your period).

One way is of waiting one week after a missed period will usually give a more accurate answer.So you can have another home pregnancy test after june 20.This will give you the accurate result.Another way is to have a blood pregnancy test.Blood tests can pick up hCG earlier in a pregnancy than urine tests can.Blood tests can tell if you are pregnant about 6 to 8 days after you ovulate.Also if the pregnancy test come out to be positive,the spotting/slight bleeding can be normal due to implantation bleeding.I advice you to go to have a blood pregnancy test now. This will make the picture more clear.

Hope my answer had helped.