Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.
1771736

HI, I have a question about a tingling sensation ...

HI, I have a question about a tingling sensation that I get, deep chested over the heart. I usually notice it when im standing, slightly bent forward, and looking down, or when sitting slightly bent forward and looking in a downward angle. In no other positions do I feel the sensation and when I do feel it, moving to straight up position will relieve it instantly. I can bend over all the way and not feel it, its only in the aforementioned positions. No pain is usually associated with the tingling. This has been going on for a period of about 3-4 months. I haven''t been able to see a doctor about this primarily because I have no insurance and it hasn''t seemed sever enough to warrent that move yet. It hasn''t been getting progressivily worse or better with lifestyle changes. Any advice would be greatly appriaciated
Considering your age, nature of the sensation (tingling) and the fact that it occurs only in certain positions, it is not likely to be anything serious like a cardiac condition.

Nor does it seem anything like a hiatus hernia or any disease condition.

This is probably related to stress. It may also be 'gas pains' due to acid peptic disorder.

There are several OTC medicines which are generally safe which you can use for this. I would suggest Alka Seltzer two-three teaspoonfuls thrice daily. You should also take Cap. Prilosec 20 mg(OTC) once daily early in the morning.You should also take small frequent meals. However, if the symptoms persist or it is associated with other symptoms like vomiting, you should consult a doctor. You can look up these sites for some more info:

http://familydoctor.org/854.xml
http://www.webmd.com/content/article/45/1815_50340.htm

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr. D. Evans's Post: HI again,

If it is related to stress, Is there anything that can really be done about it. I am going to try the methods you mentioned about the "gas pains"

Thanks
You must stop worrying about it. You can try relaxing techniques like yoga or deep breathing.

At the same time try out the steps I suggested.

If home treatment does not work, then you need to go to a doctor.