DoogleNK
DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
7632001

The bottom of my throat and the end of the left side of my ...

The bottom of my throat and the end of the left side of my tongue have been hurting for about a day now. I looked in the mirror just now and noticed a lump that hurts a lot with a little white part. I was also recently today rubbing my back and noticed this lump under the right side of my neck. I take medicine for cysts and really bad acne on my face and neck but this lump does not feel like a cyst at all because it feels deep under my skin, rather than a more pointy shape like the others. What could this be? Should I go have it checked out?
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.
Irritation in back of throat & tongue, painful lump & neck lump could all be related to throat infection. The lump in neck could be enlarged lymph nodes.
Please go to a physician or ear nose throat specialist for evaluation, accurate diagnosis & treatment. Treatment may involve warm saline water gargles, tylenol & prescription antibiotics.
Other possiblities for a neck lump also need to be considered in differetial diagnosis.
For more information, please read this

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
______________________________________________________________________
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice