Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I have great pain in my right shoulder blade, it feels like ...

I have great pain in my right shoulder blade, it feels like someone has a knife in my shoulder and the pain runs down my right arm. I can''t lift my arm up past my waist without great difficulty and pain. It''s been about 2 days, I''ve taken asprin, advil and only get small relief, heat does seem to help
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

I want to get some more detail information about your problem-

How did it appear ? suddenly or gradually?

Any relation with food? fatty?

Can you comb your hair?

Do you have any other disease?

Do you take any other medicine?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was sleep the pain woke me up, felt like someone had a knife twisting it in my shoulder, the pain is not as bad as that night but it is still there and it is constant, it never goes away. I can not raise my arm up high enough to comb my hair, I've been on a diet for over 2 months, no sugar, low fat. I have high blood pressure and take atenalol and just started taking Lisinopril for over a month - I remember my father had something like this, he said it was bursideous/arthritus. I had it happen to me about 15 years ago, but not since. Nothing seems to be relefing my pain.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

Your pain seems to be due to adhesive capsulitis or frozen shoulder.

The cause of the condition is not known.

It has been in some cases of diabetes, heart disease or thyroid problems.

Continue with advil or like with heat application.Maintain as much movement in the shoulder as possible.

You may consult a physical therapist He can show you how to maintain mobility in your shoulder , without stressing your shoulder to the point of causing a lot of pain.

Sometimes steroid injection into the joint may be needed.

If you need clarifications, please ask. Press the ACCEPT button if I answered your question.
If you are satisfied please spend a few seconds for Positive Feed back. Bonus is appreciated. Thank you.