PatriciaRN, Nurse
Experience:  35 years of nursing experience, 2 in ER, 1 at Planned Parenthood clinic

My girlfriend can only orgasm one way... why

My girlfriend can only orgasm with her legs straight together and tensed. we have tried many different things such as slightly bending them right before but it's like an off switch as soon as her legs aren't straight. Is there any sexual enhancement creams that would help or is it something psychological?
Category: Health
Expert:  PatriciaRN replied 8 years ago.

When her legs are straight, this changes the position of the pelvis, and the clitoris, which is an area that, when stimulated during intercourse, often helps to achieve an orgasm.

With the legs straight, the clitoris is in a more prominently upward position than if the legs are bent. So, during intercourse, it probably gets more stimulation when she is in that position. Bending the legs pushes the pelvis and genitalia down somewhat, so that they are less prominent.

You may want to have her try to stimulate the clitoris herself with her finger while you are having intercourse, with the legs bent. That may be an alternative.

I hope this is helpful to you and please feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have had her on top while she is stimulating her clitoris (and multiple other positions) and she still can't orgasm. even if she is stimulating herself she can't orgasm without her legs straight. she says it feels great like she's about to climax but it never happens even when she's by herself
Well, perhaps the straight leg position makes it easier for her to contract her pelvic muscles and affords her more control over her ability to use the PC muscle.

Some women have a slightly retroverted uterus, meaning that the uterus points more toward the back. When that is the case, the muscles used in achieving orgasm may be in a slightly different position than they are in a woman without the condition.

Possibly some Kegel exercises may help. Here's a link on that topic:

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
That is an interesting point and I will go over that with her to see if she has tried it and to see if it will help. also do you know of any over-the-counter topical sexual enhancers that have been proven to intensify the sensation not just as a lubricant? and do you think they may help?
Well, there are sexual enhancers everywhere...but I doubt any of them have been proven to work.

There are gels and there are herbs that the manufacturers claim to be can try them, but again, whether or not they are truly aphrodesiacs is a matter of debate, and probably would vary with individuals as well.

One of the most important factors in whether or not sex is pleasurable is the state of mind. If communication is open and both partners are relaxed, truly relaxed, then success is more likely, and the technical aspects will become secondary.

Best of luck!