Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

I have been getting fuzzy lines over my eyes at times. Not ...

I have been getting fuzzy lines over my eyes at times. Not a headache, but lines and they do go away after taking tylenol. I am on blood pressure medication.100 mg of Toprol.
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

How long has this been a problem?

Are both eyes affected the same?

Any actual visual loss?

What was your latest blood pressure measurement? When was this done?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It's been going on about 2 weeks on and off. Not daily..maybe twice a week. Only occurs in one eye, primarily right. No loss of vision, just slight blurr. Latest BP reading was 105/56 at Dr appt. May 12th, 9:30AM. Took later again in the day and it read 126/73. This was on may 12th.
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for the extra information. I am sorry that it took a while to get back to you.

Fuzzy lines affecting the eye can indicate a migraine without headache. But a new onset of visual symptoms needs to be checked by an eye doctor to make sure there is no problem at the back of the eye or withe the eye pathways.

The low blood pressure could be associated with reduced perfusion to the eye and lead to eye symptoms however the 126/73 is a normal blood pressure and if your blood pressure can be maintained at that level then we would be happy with that.

Start to keep a diary of when this occurs, if the pattern is withing 2 hours of taking your medication then I would consider the low blood pressure as likely however I do want you to see an eye doctor after the weekend so that you can check your retina.

If you develop any eye pain, sharp headache, loss of vision or sharp flashes of white light then go to ER in that event.