Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice

my cousins wife has holes in her kidneys releasing protein ...

Customer Question

my cousins wife has holes in her kidneys releasing protein back into her body causing her to swell 3 times her size, she has had a lot of tests they cannot find the problem no lupus or cancer, lukeemia,blood cancer nothing, she is now in the hosiptal,sick as ever this all started win they said she was a diabetic now all of a sudden her sugar and blood pressure is so low she is not on shots anymore please help?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 8 years ago.

It is likely that your cousin's wife has a condition called Membranous Nephropathy.

This is an auto-immune condition in which the body's immune system attacks the cells of the kidneys causing them to become thick and release large amounts of protein in the urine. it also causes retention of fluids as well as a lowering of the blood pressure.

The diagnosis is by a kidney biopsy. Blood tests for the levels of antibodies like IgA and IgG are also necessary.

The standard treatment is with steroids to supress the immune response.

To know more, please see:

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. Adding a bonus and a positive feedback will be warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD's Post: they just got her tests back her iga and igg were both negative but nothing has changed with her systoms blood pressure is 79 over 49 she is now in intesive care please help
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
they just got her blood tests back her iga and igg were both negative her blood presure is 79 over 49 she is in intestive care help

She needs a kidney biopsy for an accurate diagnosis. I hope her doctors have ordered one.