AndeeRN, Nurse
Experience:  28 years in nursing. Emergency, cardiac, internal medicine, triage for adults and pediatric patient

How long does TCH stay in your saliva

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  AndeeRN replied 8 years ago.

Dear drennence,

For THC, the chemical in marijuana that gives you the buzz, it varies for saliva detection, depending on your weight and amount of use.

For saliva, it is 1-28 days, although most sources say 1-7 days.

For blood, it is one month.

For urine, up to three months, again depending on amount of use.

Hair follicles: three years.

I hope this was of help to you.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Okay, I haven't smoked in about 16 days but I was an everyday smoker on mariajuana. I just got tested with a saliva test. I was wondering if you think I will pass? Thanks! I now know I shouldn't have smoked so I don't need no preaching sermons. Thanks!
Expert:  AndeeRN replied 8 years ago.

Dear drennence,

I would never preach to you because I am very imperfect...ask my husband. Smile

I don't know if you will test positive. My guess is no, because most sourceas state the low end of the month, but again, I have no way of knowing.

Best wishes to you and the test. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Expert:  Family Physician replied 8 years ago.
The detection of marijuana metabolites in saliva (oral fluids) as reported by Quest, the largest drug testing laboratory in the USA is less than 24 hours!

Expert:  AndeeRN replied 8 years ago.

Saliva drug tests provide fast and accurate results. This is the preferred method of drug screening at home and in the workplace and the saliva drug test can detect up to 6 drugs at a time, instantly. This drug test shows marijuana use and the residues of marijuana use for up to 3 days

Delta 9 THC is the parent compound. When found in saliva, this means impairment, because the drug has entered the blood stream and affected the brain, thus affecting motor skills. Levels we have measured in saliva in the lab range from 0.5ng/mL to 150ng/mL (1 ng/mL = 1 part per billion). All of these mean the parent compound is available to the brain. The higher the level, the more drug ingested or the more recently the drug was used. Delta 9 THC has been measured up to 72 hours after smoking, in saliva

hi..same amount of time as in urine.Depending on bodyfat,frequency,and amount up to a month.The thing about saliva is that it's harder to mask and they can legally watch you take the test.There are some websites to help.

worse case scenario..20 - 30 days,

From wikianswers:

How long does THC stay in your saliva for a cheek swab?

Thc can be detected in the saliva for 5 to 10 days depending if you are a heavy user.

I am looking for an article I found yesterday that talked about a test at that time, being used in Canada that could detect up to 28 days depending on the amount of use and the person using. I will find that and send it to you