Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis

For about 5 days I have had bloating around my waist, above ...

For about 5 days I have had bloating around my waist, above it and below it. I have no pain but the skin is stretched tight in that area. I feel tired and lethargic. I sleep well and my urine and bowel movements are normal. I feel as though I have the flu, when I touch the bloated areas there is no pain. I am a 65 year old female.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. M. Lahkar replied 8 years ago.
Hi, bloating can be due to irregular digestive process, irritable bowel syndrome, food allergy or intolerance, gastrointestinal infection etc. To avoid bloating, try to take small meals more frequently, increase the amount of fiber in your diet, drink upto 8 glasses of water, excercise frequently, reduce carbonated drinks and fried foods etc. If dairy products increases bloating, then drink lactose free milk.

Here is a website for additional information.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the " GREEN ACCEPT" button.I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I also feel a dull ache on the right side by my rib cage, could all this be attributed to a digestive problem? I feel slightly nauseous as well.