Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

my 9 year old daughter, has pain just under her right ribs, ...

Customer Question

my 9 year old daughter, has pain just under her right ribs, she constantly holding it as it easies the pain, this has been going on for a week now, took her hospital monday, they thought it was her appendixs, but after blood test nothing showed, so took her doctors thursday, she said it was a throat infection, she has only complained of a sore throat once in the whole week, she has suffered headaches, fever, tiredness,she up for about 5 mins a day, then back down on settee, for rest of the day.am at end of me teather now, it just seems all its wrong whats been told.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

Apart from appendix which can cause pain on right side of abdomen may be gall bladder pain or pain coming from the right kidney.

Though gall bladder disease is uncommon, Gastric, Pancreatic, kidney causes may be there.
You can give her antacid to see whether pain relieves or not. Omeprazole or Ranitidine may also be tried.

She needs an ultrasonography to find out any cause. If nothing can be detected in ultrasonography, she may need endoscopy, and blood tests for liver and pancreatic enzymes.
As pain is persisting, you should contact her doctor for further investigations to find out the cause.

I hope this will help. If you need clarifications, please ask.
Press the ACCEPT button if I answered your question. If you are satisfied please leave a Positive Feed back which is dearer to me. Bonus is appreciated.
Thank you.