Dr. Scott W
Dr. Scott W, Physician (MD)
Experience:  Practicing Emergency Physician in Houston, Texas. I would be happy to answer any question!!

Diesel fuel burn

Diesel gas fell on my leg and I kept on working and took my jeans off 12 hours is so red now and I dont know what to put on it...please help

This is not technically a burn, but a severe irritation of the skin, known as a contact dermatitis. You should remove all clothing and flush the skin with cool water and soap for at least 20 minutes. Was all clothing several times before wearing again. If the skin is painful, you can try over the counter remedies made for sunburns, such as aloe vera lotion.

If the wound blisters, the pain is severe, or you develop signs of infection, you should head to your physician.

If you found my answer to be helpful today, please click the green ACCEPT button. works on the honor system, and that is the only way I can receive credit for my work on your question.

Thanks and good luck!

-Dr. Scott W, MD

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: The information above is not a medical diagnosis or a substitute for actual medical treatment but is intended and should be used ONLY for educational purposes. An accurate and proper medical diagnosis requires a face-to-face meeting with a physician and may require tests as well as in-depth physical examination. To receive proper medical treatment you cannot rely on the information in this communication; you must seek treatment from a medical provider where you can be physically examined. In using this information service you agree that you understand the information offered is only for educational purposes and is not a substitute for medical treatment.