Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice

Toe bump

I have a bump on my 2nd toe. It has a center to it. Clear thick liquid comes out of it
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 8 years ago.

Since when have you had this bump?

How large is it?

Does it pain when you press on it?

Does it appear infected - the skin looks red, the fluid that comes out is foul smelling etc?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I've had this for about 2 months. At first it was a red bump with a center. No pain. about the size of a pea. Not infected looking.   I thought it could be a blister.
Today was the first time a thick clear gooey liquid came out when I squeezed it.

What you have is probably a Digital Mucus Cyst. These are cysts that occur on the lining of the sheaths of the tendons of the feet or hands.

They are usually harmless and cause pain only when they press on a nerve or other surrounding tissue. They need to be removed surgically but may recur after a few months or years.

Please consult your doctor for an examination. Since the fluid has drained out for now, the cyst will decrease in size, but there is a strong chance of recurrence.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. Adding a bonus and a positive feedback will be warmly appreciated.