Dr PG M.D.
Dr PG M.D., Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MS

it is swollen over my right eye under my eyebrow i feel a ...

Customer Question

it is swollen over my right eye under my eyebrow i feel a little pressure what are some of the things that can cause this
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr PG M.D. replied 8 years ago.
Is there any local pain, discharge, congestion?
Is it only in one eye?
Does it itch, do you have a cold, allergies, fever,?
Has this happened before?
Dr. PG
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr PG M.D.'s Post: it was sore on the right of the bone with pressure on the right eye it does not itch no discharge no congestion dosent itch it has benn like this for seven months since i have had my son
I am an Ophthalmologist and would like to help you.
The description of the swelling can have two possibilities-
  • chlazion - This is a mild localised swelling on the eye lids due to blockage of one of the glands in the eyelid. The treatment for chlazion is hot fomentation and an inti-inflammatory like tylenol for a week. if still it does nit resolve, then you might need to consult an Ophthalmologist to for its drainage.
  • cyst - If the swelling is not in the eyelid and just below the eyebrow, then it can be a localised cyst. With no other symptoms, we can rule out an infection. The cyst if present can resoleve on its own or remain as such. If it increases in size or causes discomfort then you might need to drain it.
  • Regards,
  • Dr. PG