Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.

My butt crack has gotten red, not itchy, just ...

My butt crack has gotten red, not itchy, just uncomfortable. What can I do to make the red go away?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. D. Evans replied 8 years ago.

This redness usually occurs due to irritation of the area. It is a common enough condition and a large number of people go through it. It usually occurs in a vicious cycle, the more a person scratches and scrubs, the more he skin gets inflamed and the more the redness increases. The trick is to break the cycle.

Some simple tips to be used are:
Take Tab. Alavert 10 mg (OTC) once daily.
Steroid creams: you can ask at your pharmacist for 1% Hydrocortisone ointment (OTC).
Avoid scratching - difficult, but she should try not to scratch at all to break the cycle.
Clean only with plain water - avoid using any soaps or anything else.
Change the brand of toilet paper - use soft paper.

These steps should make it go away. Otherwise you have to consult a doctor for this.

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.