Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling

I have had chronic stomach pain and gas every evening

Customer Question

I have had chronic stomach pain and gas every evening for the last month; seems to only get worse.
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

Are your bowel movements regular? Any diarrhea or constipation?

Do you have any discomfort during the day?

What do you eat for dinner, typically?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Terry's Post: My bowel movements are regular with no diarrhea or constipation.

It generally wears of in the am and I am good through the midday and then it starts to begin again in the evenning.

I haven't had any changes in my diet recently - from the past. I typically eat sandwich for lunch and from salads to frozen "ready-made" meals for dinner.
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

It doesn't sound like you have irritable bowel syndrome, with these symptoms. It sounds like you are very gassy and getting cramps. You didn't mention if you get any relief from the Gas X. You should try having a fruit for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, but have a snack in between your meals to keep your stomach full and satisfied and your metabolism will speed up as well. Cramps and gas sometimes come with hunger. Make sure to have chicken, fish or another protein with your salad. Please let me know if the ready made dinner is a special weight program and how long you've been on it. Or, is it a frozen dinner from the grocery store. Are you passing alot of gas?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm not really sure if the Gas X is really relieving anything - I guess that would be a "no" then.

The frozen dinner is from a grocery store; generally pasta dinners that you prepare over the stove.

I haven't made any changes in my eating habits, -by either eating cycle or contents- so why the all-of-a-sudden change?
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

Hello again,

If the Gas X isn't working, then no need to use it anymore. If your discomfort worsens or persists then you will need to visit your doctor for exam and blood tests. In the meantime, try to eat rice meals instead of pasta meals and see how you feel. An hour after eating, have a cup of hot tea. Any kind of peppermint tea will be good to soothe your stomach. When you lay down, lay on your left side with your knees bent towards your just, to try to encourage expelling gas.

It is not necessary to pay to reply.