A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I was prescribe to take Pantecta 40mg,1 daily;along ...

I was prescribe to take Pantecta 40mg,1 daily;along with arcoxia 128mg same dosage as Pantecta; Bererol 2tablets at night; Maalox plus 4teaspoonful 3times a day.
Submitted: 8 years ago via Patientsville.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am unable to find a brand name called Bererol. Is there another name on the bottle? What was your question about these drugs or your condition?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry it is Beserol

Thanks for the additional information. Arcoxia (etoricoxib) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication that doesn't irritate the stomach as much as some brands do. Beserol is a combination drug that contains acetaminophen/paracetamol plus a benzodiazepine called chlormezanone. The paracetamol/acetaminophen is a pain reliever and the chlormezanone is prescribed for anxiety and for muscle spasm. Pantecta (pantoprazole) is a proton pump inhibitor prescribed to lessen the amount of acid in the stomach. Along with the Maalox it will help protect your stomach from any side effects of the other two drugs.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Schuyler_ANP's Post: Thanks for the response.I became concern when I read the side effects of Pantecta.. people who died from using it.Is it a "safe drug"? Reading your answer, i got the impression that nothing is wrong with the combination of drugs is that correct?

Pantecta (pantoprazole) is similar to the drugs omeprazole (Prilosec) and esomeprazole (Nexium). Pantecta is sold in the United States as Protonix. It is considered quite safe, and it's cousin Prilosec is sold over the counter here with no prescription required. The combination of drug types you are prescribed isn't unusual at all and you should do fine on them.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
If it is a "safe drug" what was the possible cause of death of those people.

All drugs require that any untoward happening that occurs while the drug is in clinical testing be reported. Therefore you may find broken bones, and death by being run over by a bus, included in the statistics.