Nurse Melissa
Nurse Melissa, Nurse
Experience:  LPN for 21 yrs, expertise in most areas, BLS certified, previous ACLS cert, prior BLS instructor

Is it dangerous to masturbate with a vacuum cleaner My ...

Customer Question

Is it dangerous to masturbate with a vacuum cleaner? My adult son puts only his foreskin in the hose and lets it flutter around until orgasm. As his mother, I''ve examined his penis afterwards and there is no visible damage. Together, we now tape his foreskin back after every shower to curb this desire. It works, but can this be causing damage as well? His glans use to feel soft, smooth, and shiny. Now it''s becoming rough to the touch, and is changing color.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Melissa replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name is Melissa. I would like to ask a couple of questions. How long has his foreskin, been taped back in the retracted position? Do you ever untape it, to let it go back of the head of the penis? Does he complain of pain? I will be able to give you a better answer, with the above added information. Thank you for using Just Answers for your health questions.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Nurse Melissa's Post: He can hide an entire AA battery in it (stupid!).

We started doing it regularly about a month ago. He removes it everytime he bathes. I then re-apply another after his penis is clean.

I hurt my son when I pulled down his foreskin and started to stroke him up and down. I wanted him to know the proper way to masturbate.

I don't mind my son coming to see me about this, but I don't have all the answers for him. He wants me to come with him if he sees a doctor. Part of this is fantasy-driven, but part is because he doesn't want to be be embarassed going alone. Does this happen often?

Hello again, and thank you for getting back to me. I would say you are very lucky, your son is able to discuss these things with you. His methods, for self gratification, are a little odd, and learning the proper way to masturbate is probably a good idea. I dont think, however learning it from his mother is a good idea. If you are comfortable, there are magazines, books, and even movies, that could probably show him without trauma, from his mother doing it. As far as taping back the foreskin, that can be a very dangerous habit to get into. If he is only releasing it once a day, to shower, it can become swollen, infected, and extremely painful, and after sometime it could just get stuck there, making the symptoms worse. It could get so bad, that he would need to seek medical attention. I understand your concerns, and maybe seeing a doctor is a very good idea. He needs to learn proper sexual activities, in a calm environment. If he wants you to go with him, to the doctor, that is great, but dont push yourself into going, if he requests you dont go. I hope this answer has been helpful to you. If you are satisfied, with my answer, please click the green accept answer button. If you need to ask another question, or add more information, please feel free to do so. Thank you again, for using Just Answers for your health questions.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I asked my son to tell me everythimg, and I learned so much about him that I repricated just short of intercourse with him. He and I did everything else...EVERYTHING ELSE...oral... mutual masturbation...and we both have never, ever been closer. My son and I can now share anything about sex with one another, and he likes it so much that I he is no no longer embaressed about himself.