Clove Gardner
Clove Gardner, Doctor
Experience:  Physician and researcher.

Hi,For the last couple of weeks I have been having on ...

Hi,For the last couple of weeks I have been having on and off fevers and have lost my apetite and anything salty i eat tastes very bitter.The other day i also experienced blackouts at work.I have very little energy.I have also lost some weight since...please help
Category: Health
Expert:  Clove Gardner replied 8 years ago.

Wellcome to!

I need some more information:

1. Could you be more detailed about blackouts - how long, how started etc?

2. Do you have any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the blackouts lasted only a couple of seconds but had experienced it about 4 times.haven't had any before or other symptoms other than a chset congestion
Well, all your symptoms suggest infectious disease. The fever, loss of appetite and of wieght, lack of energy - all are signs of prolonged infection. The distorted taste is also sign of infection. The chest congestion suggest that you have lung infection (pneumonia or bronchitis).
It's very rare such kind of prolonged infection to be caused by viruses, most probably is caused by bacteria. Such on and off fevers may be caused by wide range of bacteria - Lyme disease, brucellosis, typhes and so on. The exact reason cannot be told without examinaton and some blood tests. You need to pay a visit to your doctor for full examination, chest X-ray and taking samples for isolating the causing agent, and then proper antibiotics to be prescribed for treatment. Without this treatment your condition wouldn't improve. You also may go to the ER.

I hope I helped with my answer. Feel free to ask me further.