Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant

I have eaten a small amount of peanuts and I think I have ...

Customer Question

I have eaten a small amount of peanuts and I think I have an allergy. I want to Throwup to get it out of my system. How do I induce vomitting?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 8 years ago.

How long ago did you ingest this? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Nurse Annie's Post: about 3 hours - upset stomach, runny nose.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Last Saturday morning I had a food allergy attach I think - swollen lips, upset stomach or pains in lower throat, then very soar throat. I did eat handfull of peanuts Friday night - never caused a problem before.
I had a small amount this morning and am starting to feel allergic again. Only other food I had this mornign was oatmeal which i eat regulary. Plus coffee and tea whichI have regularly.
I also feel a little light headed.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I drank a couple glasses of water when I started feeling stomach upset. I would like to throwup to get the peanuts out of my system ASAP, but I don't know how to induce.

At this point since this was ingested 3 hours ago, making yourself vomit would be moot as it would be too far into the digestive tract to vomit it up. An allergic reaction can have symptoms that occur immediately, or even an hour or more after exposure. Symptoms usually include flushing, itching, hives, anxiety, rapid and irregular pulse, and difficulty swallowing and breathing. If you are having problems breathing then you need to make a trip to the ER immediately or call 911. As you state that you are having dizziness, then I would make a trip to the ER immediately so your symptoms can be managed, and anaphylaxis managed.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have not had problems with peanuts in the past, I have eaten then regularly, however not in the last 6 months or so. I have been trying to figure out what might have caused the allergic reaction on Saturday - something I ate on Friday. Seems like peanuts is the likely candidate since they seem to be bothering me now.

Even though you didn't have a problem in the past, it is still possible to develop an allergy. What you can do is to see an allergist who can test you to see if this is the case. I would however with your symptoms head over to the ER for an evaluation.