Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
467755

.Thanks for being there to answer my question

I had a surgery done about twelve years ago. I just wanted to know can it be reversed? Ihad a bilateral partial salapingectomy done .Thanks for being there to answer my question.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 8 years ago.
Customer

Are you asking because of wanting to get pregnant? Was this surgery done for contraception?>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Nurse Annie's Post: yes, Iam remarried and we made the decision to try to have one of own together he doesn't have any children of his own ihave five from a prevous marriage.
Customer

If there is no path from the ovary to the tubes, then pregnancy cannot occur on its own. You will need to see your doctor for an evaluation to determine if there is enough tube left to reconnect the ends back together. The only other option would be in vitro. In vitro however usually costs more and involves many back and forth trips to see a doctor, plus the cost of medications. So I would see if you are a candidate to having the tubes reconnected, then go from there.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ican give the measurements of how much was cut. The measurements are right tube 1.5 by 0.8 by 0.4 cm. left tube 1.2 by 0.6 by 0.4 cm.
Customer

A doctor would need to go over your surgical records to determine if you are a candidate, and to see the condition of your tubes. I cannot tell you whether or not you would be a candidate since I can't do these evaluations, so you will need to see a doctor in person.