Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I am a 70 year old woman with a vulvar abscess. My husband ...

Customer Question

I am a 70 year old woman with a vulvar abscess. My husband has been impotent for 30 of those years, so there is no sexual involvement. Day 1, I went to gynocologist. I was given levoquin 500 mg. Day 2, it was double the size, hot VERY painful, I was vomiting and voluminous diahrrea ( I have diverticulitis from top to bottom of the colon) and diabetes with sugars suddenly spiking to 300. Day 3, the abcess was opened. Much vile puss still draining. I have not vomited in 24 hours; I have had 3 levoquin tablets which are still making me nausous and am due another doctor visit in 3 hours. Are we on the right track?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

Regarding the incision, drainage and the antibiotic you are in the right tract.

But as you are feeling nausea you may ask your doctor whether it can be changed to other drug.

In any infection, diabetes is aggravated, it may need start of insulin if you are not already taking it.

I think this information helps. If you need clarifications, please ask. If I answered your question, please press ACCEPT button.

Bonus is appreciated. Your Positive Feed back is very important to me. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was pleased with D. Saha's review. I also am so ill at the moment that I didn't comprehend the way your site works. I do want Dr. Saha paid and I do want to remain private. It is a good thing to get quick responses.

Unfortunately, retired persons are having difficulties with the econoomy as is the world.

Best regards,
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your appreciation.

Wish you a early recovery.

If you are satisfied please spend few seconds to leave a positive feedback in the feedback column.