dr.vikrambhatt
dr.vikrambhatt, Doctor
Experience:  General Physician with vast experience in active medical practice.
7120497

for the last few days i have had an on/off again ...

Customer Question

for the last few days i have had an on/off again feeling like a muscle is involuntarily moving/fluttering inside my left ear. there is no pain or hearing loss of any kind what can this be
Category: Health
Expert:  dr.vikrambhatt replied 8 years ago.

Hi.

This condition is called as Tinnitus. It comes due to the damage to the microscopic endings of the hearing nerve in the inner ear. It can be due to these causes-Allergy, high or low blood pressure , a tumor, diabetes, thyroid problems,Medications like anti-inflammatory, antibiotics, sedatives, antidepressants, and aspirin can be the reason. You may be requiring X-ray, Balance test,Lab work .My advice is to consult otolaryngologist for clinical examination .

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to dr.vikrambhatt's Post: i only take meds for cholesterol, lipitor and zetia, have no diabetes or other symptoms and have incurred no head blows i have no other physical problems. is it more than likely just excessive pollen causing allergies

It may be due to middle ear fluid or any inflammation or infection related to ear. Pollen allergy doesnot cause any ear disorder. please see otolaryngologist for clinical examination.

Also please remember to click the ACCEPT button to ensure that I am given credit .