Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice

fall down stairs 2 week ago now cant put weight on ...

fall down stairs 2 week ago now cant put weight on foot only toes very inflamed and burning sensation when i stand
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 8 years ago.

It is possible that you have a fracture on one of your toes or have sprained a tendon - this will cause the inflammation to continue for a long time. pressure by the inflammation on nerves will cause the burning sensation.

You neeed to consult a orthopedist for an examination and an xray for an accurate diagnosis and treatment. Till you manage to do so, please take the following steps:

- Apply an ice pack on it for 10 minutes every 4 hours.

- Rest the leg, keeping it elevated as far as possible.

- Wrap an elastic bandage firmly around the foot and the toes. This will decrease movement and help the sprain or fracture to heal faster.

- Take Motrin and Aleve 500mg twice a day after food to decrease the pain and inflammation..

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.