DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

lots of fruits, grains, vegies, and fiber and to eat less fast food

Customer Question

My husband whom is a type two diabetic is veri nervous I have tried to calm his anxiety about living with the disease He is not significantly overweight but got the disease from genetics I had explained to him that following a diabetes diet does not mean the end of good eating that a diabetes diet would be almost like a diet every person should eat including lots of fruits, grains, vegies, and fiber and to eat less fast food or make healthier choices Was I corect in telling him this           last question his father is at a residential obesity chlinic at brookhaven wich emphasizes diet and excercise When someone is loosing wieght for morbid obesity through diet and excercis is ther diet different from a healthy diet or are they told just to eat lots of grains, fruits, and vegies while cutting calories
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.

You are absolutely right in thinking that a diabetic diet is much like a normal diet minus the fast foods, high sugar & high calorie items. Have a look at the diabetic food pyramid of american diabetes association. Its much like what we eat everyday minus the nhealthy stuff.

A healthy diet provides adequate calories whereas the weight-loss diets are low on calories. Different diet plans use different combinations of food items & most would stress on as you say lots of grains, fruits, and vegies while cutting calories.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.