Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Mens Health

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX and I are getting ready to start a family..however my husband's penis is not getting hard enough for intercourse...he went to his medical doctor and he came him Viagra and other kinds of that kind of medicine it didn't work...He is on a low dosage of blood pressure medicine...before he starting taking the medicine he seemed to be fine but he needs to take the medicine...Do you know what are next steps would be?

Which blood pressure medicine your husband takes?

How long it is there?

Does he have any other disease?

Does he take any other medicine?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
These are the medicines he takes

Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg
amlodipine-benazepril 10-20 TEV
Metoprolol succ er 25 mg tasan

no diseases
no other medicine
Thank you for the information.

Many antihypertensive or blood pressure lowering drugs has side effects of causing impotence but not all of them.

Drugs like Amlodipine, Angiotensin receptor blockers like Diovan, Cozaar etc.has insignificant effect.

You can discuss with his cardiologist about the possibility of any change of combination.

If you need clarifications, please ask. If you find this information helpful, please press ACCEPT button.
Bonus is appreciated. Your Positive Feed back is very important to me.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Oh I just thought of another question pertaining to this issue.
Does the milligrams make a difference even tho he is on a low dosage could it still cause the ED?
Yes the dose which is usually in milligrams may be a factor in causing the problem.