Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
237255

i am a 27 year old male. i had bad acne when i was a ...

Customer Question

i am a 27 year old male. i had bad acne when i was a teenager. i was on acutane, which helped. then i got some laser done on my cheeks and around my temple area, when i was 18. my face has remained red in those areas ever since, sometimes worse than others, and a lot as of late. this makes my remaining scarring, which there is a lot of because of the combination of the process still being fairly new and the doctor doing a really bad, look terrible. it especially looks bad when i''m in the sun or feel hot. my question is: would laser on the same area, now that there has been major advancement with the process, help correct this? and is there anything else that i can do make my skin look less scarred and red? my skin is also pretty sensitive. any insight on this would really help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 8 years ago.
Have you been seen lately by a dermatologist? If so howe long ago and are you still on any acne medication at all at this time? This will allow me to be of better help to you, thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i haven't been to see a dermatologist. my doctor will not give me a reference to one and thats the only way you can get in. i am not on any acne medication.
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 8 years ago.
I honestly would highly recommend that you try the Proactive which does not require a prescription and also you can pick up a product called Scarzone which will help to minimize the scarring that you have. I know many people who have used both of these products with amazing results and I feel that would be the best thing for you right now. And with the Proactive program they are even adding a free bottle of moisterizer that will greatly help with the red spots and rashes that you are experiencing. Proactive can be bought online at www.proactive.com and the Scarzone can be found at Wal-mart and I feel if you use both of these products you will see amazing changes in your skin.