Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

right,lower (not far from ear) side of my head..headache..right eye

Customer Question

this past saturday i was getting ice pick pains on the right,lower (not far from ear) side of my head, . sunday and monday i had acute headache that felt like my head would explode. for the past couple of weeks my right eye twitches constantly. my eye also feels numb. the numbness just started the past few days. i don't know if i need to see a dr. as a suffer from panic disorder and constant stress. last year about this time i fell and hit my head on the right side. a cat scan was performed and i was assured everything was fine. the numbness around my eye is scaring me the most. i take xanax 3 times daily for panic/stress. have been on them for several years. other than that, no medication.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.

While, I agree that all of your symptoms may be associated with stress and panic disorder, and your last year CT scan was normal, all of these symptoms, do warrant a physical examination, especially neurological. That will rule out any organic cause of this and will relieve the anxiety.

Your physician may consider an additional medications for your panic disorder.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i am in a very stressful job and will probably retire just to be rid of it. for 3 weeks i had unbearable stomach pain. my dr. wouldn't do any testing ( see my gastro for everything). now it's my head.i am horrified by the thought of an mri. there is no way i could do it. i panic about everything and always think the worst. just really wanted to know if this head and eye thing could be from the past when i get headaches, they can last for a week or two. for years the entire left side of my face used to get numb when i was stressed.
thanks for your assistance.

Yes, they can be symptoms of stress, as I previously also mentioned. Please don't worry, they are likely to go off themselves, if you relax.

Dr. Arun