Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I get over heated doing anytype of work from vacuuming to ...

I get over heated doing anytype of work from vacuuming to mowing the lawn..I''ll start itching from the inside,it''s hard to explain but it takes over my whole body...an itching you cant scratch..the only way it stops is if I immediately get something very cold to drink and stop working completely til I cool off...I dont even have to do anything for this to happen.It can just be hot and I have to have an air conditioner on in a car or this itching gets very intense. What is wrong with me?
DearCustomer,

Welcome to justanswer.com
Probably you are suffering from cholinergic urticaria .In this condition symptoms are brought on by a hypersensitive reaction to body heat .Symptoms follow any stimulus to sweat such as exercise , heat from the sun etc .caused by an elevated histamine release by the body's mast cells.Drug treatment is typically in the form of antihistamines such as loratadine and is basically symptomatic treatment .
The main line of treatment is prevention from potential triggers .

Wear light breathable clothing as it allows the body to remain cool. . Since an attack can often be felt coming on, it can sometimes be halted by rapid cooling, such as applying cold water or an ice pack to the skin.

I hope this helps to answer your query .

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can this condition be completely healed or will I have it the rest of my life...this has been going on for the past 2-3 years.
Usually this is a chronic condition ...