Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

my nose alot, when the discharge of mucus is at its worse..blood

Customer Question

Have had a persistent cough for the last few months, always with a yellow mucus, similar to what I might see if I had a bad cold and was blowing my nose alot, when the discharge of mucus is at it''s worse. Sometimes there have been streaks of blood, sometimes a little more blood than usual. Recently the cough has become more persistent, thicker and heavier amounts of mucus, still with streaks of blood, occasionally with more than just streaks of blood, and just lately a rattling sound when exhaling. I don''t have health insurance right now and hope there might be a home remedy or diet change I might try. Have also noticed a dramatic increase in fatigue.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

I want to get some more detail information about your problem-

Do you have any other disease?

Do you feel any shortness of breath ?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Seem to be out of breath with little exertion. No disease that I'm aware of. Was in 3 car accidents a few years back (none were my fault), resulted in a C5-C6 fusion, was diagnosed early 2006 with a need for knee replacements on both knees.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

From all the information I feel you need to be investigated with complete blood analysis ,
sputum test & chest Xray. Other tests like CT may also be necessary.

Though you have asked for home remedy & diet change but none is going to help .

You need thorough investigation & treatment to prevent further progression of the disease.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
progression of what possible disease? I'm hoping there is at least some diet change, or supplement I can take until health insurance goes into effect. I recently started a new job. Also, 2 or 3 years ago a mitral valve leak was spotted, but a year later everything showed normal.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.
By progression of disease I wanted to mean any chronic infection or bronchitis .
As the sputum is yellow in color and the blood has recently increased in amount it indicates the process is progressing.
Sometimes tumor also manifest with coughing of blood.
Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. I appreciate your input.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

You are always welcome. Thank you for contacting Just Answer