A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have HS for 5 years. I tryed many antiviotecs even ...

Customer Question

I have HS for 5 years. I tryed many antiviotecs even Acutan, it doesn''t work. Now I an using Colloidal Silver almost 2 weeks. Its not working also. Can you help me?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. It would help if you told us what HS is.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for the additional information. Hidradenitis suppurativa has no cure, but there are a number of things to try if you haven't already. First is to keep your diet healthy and your weight within normal limits. Obesity aggravates the condition. You should also wear loose fitting clothing and stay as cool and clean as possible because sweat makes it worse.

Antibiotics are usually taken continuously to help with future outbreaks. Oral retinoids like Accutane are also used. Sometimes corticosteroids or immune suppressant drugs are added. If oral medication doesn't work, then surgically draining the infected lesions and cleaning out the tracts between them to prevent scarring is sometimes done. Sometimes individual lesions are injected with steroid.

Here are some articles that talk about it, but it is a difficult disease to treat and is challenging to everyone, especially the patient. I hope you will find something here that hasn't been tried that will truly work for you.