Terry
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
5185315

I feel outside my body, my brain does not feel attached to ...

Customer Question

I feel outside my body, my brain does not feel attached to my head and feels empty. my mouth is working before my brain and i feel empty thoughout my body, my memory short and long is foggy and erased. I dont feel my mind racing.. very scary. dont feel real. What is it? How is it cured.
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

What you are feeling is uncomfortable and confusing. However, I am glad that you are able to write coherently because I am understanding you. First, if you have concerns about a possible mold exposure then you need to have a chest x-ray done and blood tests done as well. This can be done by your primary physician. Concerning the foggy feeling that you are having, this can occur if you are under alot of stress, which you probably are, because you are worried. You need to rest and relax in order to reduce your stress level. I cannot diagnose you over the internet, without exam and knowing your medical history. Your medical doctor is most familiar with you and can treat you based on his information about you. You will probably benefit from taking a mild anti-stress (anxiety) medication at this time, so that you can relax and think more clearly. You can inquire about your mold exposure and ease your mind by visiting your doctor. It definitely needs to be ruled as causing your problem, because after effects of mold exposure can be serious.

Sincerely,

Terry

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Last Thing..Since November after a panic/anxiety attack, my body has not done the following:ed,lack of semen,had a white tongue, numbness in face,hands, and legs.. left eye blurry and having trouble with colors all of a sudden especially red. had VEP test fine, No Optic Neritus, eyes look fine... weak and tired..memory problems short and long term, MRI w/wout contrast neg.. ct was fine, all blood work done came back negitive, white red blood count fine.. MS ruled out by 2 nuros and Eye doc... Help...please... Thanks so much

MS??
Expert:  Terry replied 6 years ago.

Hello again,

This info that you give is very different from your initial question which I already answered. I will give you some insight here. Are you currently being treated for panic/anxiety? Panic and anxiety can have very strange effects on the body, especially if not treated. Erectile dysfunction and lack of semen must be checked out by the urologist. Vision problems must be checked by the optometrist or ophthamologist. You should have a physical exam and blood pressure checked. Weakness and tiredness and memory problems can be indicative of your anxiety and you will probably benefit from taking a mild anti-anxiety medication. Being that you have been to a doctor and blood work and all else came back negative is very encouraging.

I hope all will be well with you!

Terry

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi terry
all that is in addtional to orginal post. i lost the little voice in my head to that matchs my mouth and brain like its not connected, i went to eye doc and he said eyes were fine. i feel like my mind is empty... physcial was fine blood tests all fine, blood pressure is 110.80 i think........ the scary is mind is empty not racing and everythig i described.. can Anxiety and depression do that? i cannot form thoughts and things dont come to me naturally.. all very starnge
Expert:  Terry replied 6 years ago.

Sometimes when a person is very anxious and nervous, they describe their mind to be racing and there is an inability to focus or concentrate. It is curious that you are uncomfortable because your mind is NOT racing. But, you know yourself best and what your comfort zone is. You write very well, making total sense, and your words are expressed well, which makes me think that your thought process is good. You need to feel comfortable with yourself. Would you consider going to individual or group therapy to talk about what you are feeling. I think it would be of great benefit to you to do this. You must speak to your doctor about taking medication since you will need a prescription for it. An antidepressant will be prescribed if the doc finds that you are clinically depressed. I am not feeling that you are from your communication here. A low dose anti-anxiety drug may be prescribed to relax you and allow you to think more clearly.

Stay Well!

Sincerely,

Terry

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
DO you think it is MS considering my symptoms? my memory i cannot remember what i did today or last week. I cannot plan head or think back for example a week from wed i have to go to dr. in 2 weeks i go to fla.. i cannot do that cause my brain feels empty and i dont feel real. my mouth works before my brain, it is like they are not working together. My brain does not feel like it is part of my body MRI with contrast no lesions. 2 ct scans and everything is clean..
Expert:  Terry replied 6 years ago.

Hi jr,

You expressed concern about MS in your previous response and I don't know why you seem to have great concerned about it. Is there any family history of this illness? You don't describe typical symptoms of MS and you said that the doctor ruled it out. No need to be worried about it at this time. Are you going to Florida for rest and relaxation?

Sincerely,

Terry

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yep or california.. what is the best way to detox from toxic mold............i am using yogi bear dexox tea... do u know of any good detox methods
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
also, i lost my conscience. the little voice in my head also i have lost time. i lost my mental calender and metal proccess scheduling and mental driving directions.. why do you suppose that is?