Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.

I have white mucous floating in my urine. They look like ...

I have white mucous floating in my urine. They look like the white part that is attached to the egg yolk when you break an egg open. I have them for about 2 months now. How do I get rid of them?

This discharge is likely to be benign.

Many women have a normal whitish or cloudy vaginal discharge which is released int o the urine. This secretion is quite normal and tends to increase right before menstruation.

On the other hand, there are also other causes of this discharge. It could be a discharge due to fungal infection or bacterial vaginosis. It could also be an infection of the urethra or the bladder. It could also be STD's like gonorrhea or chlamydia. Such infections though would usually be associated with other symptoms like burning, etc.

Since you do not have any other symptoms, it is very likely to be a benign vaginal secretion. But you need to get yourself checked up for this to rule out other causes. Hence you must consult your doctor for this. You should have tests like a urine examination done to be on the safe side.

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. Is a urine examination the only thing that I should ask for?