Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

I have brown spots on both my feet, they are traveling ...

I have brown spots on both my feet, they are traveling up and are now on my ankles and going up my leg. What could it be, I have brought it to my doctors attention and she says its nothing
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

Is it small brown spots or large areas of discolored skin?

Are you able to take a photo for us to look at?

Do the spots fade, or are you getting more?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Pauline's Post: both small and patches, I have photos where do I send and the spots do not fade more keep appearing
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i can not use tool bar i will use email address, I am heavy and have a very fair complexion, no peoblem except depression,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
were you able to view pictures?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

graphic

Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for the images, looking at them I would say that this was possibly melanin deposition in the skin due to aging. The other possibility is hemosiderin deposition due to venous stasis.

The good news is that it is not sinister, and is a cosmetic problem only. However there is no way to remove the effect.

You would need to see a dermatologist to confirm this in person. If the problem is hemosiderin deposits then reducing weight, wearing support hosiery and increasing exercise may reduce the spread. I would also suggest that you use a total sunblock in the sun. Good moisturizing is also a good idea to help look after the skin.