Clove Gardner
Clove Gardner, Doctor
Experience:  Physician and researcher.
9038798
Health

burning sensation on the right side of body

No Comment Added
Category: Health
replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-When this started?
-Is the sensation in whole right part of the body, or just in parts of it?
-Do you have any other symptoms?
-Do you have any other diseases (i.e. hypertension)?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer reply replied 8 years ago.
I DO HAVE HYPERTENSION
Customer reply replied 8 years ago.
WHOLE RIGHT SIDE
Customer reply replied 8 years ago.
NO OTHER SYMPTOMS JUST BURNING SENSATION OF RIGHT SIDE ESPECIALLY IF I BECOME STRESSED DO TAKE MEDICINE FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
Clove Gardner, Doctor replied 8 years ago.
There are many causes for burning sensations, but all are restricted to parts of the body. Having sensations in one half of the body is most common in stroke. However, other symptoms will be present too - weakness, lack of sensitivy when touching, dizziness, lack of balance etc. It is still possible this to be caused by smaller stroke, which sometimes may be not noticed.

Other possible reason is nerve conditions like polyneuropathies. However, it is uncommonly to be affected just one side of the body, but stil this stays.

When taking in account that you have these when in stressful situation I also presume burning skin as a manifestation of anxiety attack (or panic attacks). It usually will last about 30 minutes, and large number of other symptoms may also occur: including tingly skin sensations, sweating, hands and feet may feel numb, pounding heart, rapid heart rate, lightheadedness, nausea, hot or cold flashes, chest pain, irrational thoughts, fear of losing control, and a number of other symptoms. Anxiety attacks are more likely to occur in women, and can be treated to full recovery. Not all symptoms is necessary to be present.

I'd suggest to pay a visit to experienced neurologist to rull out possible neurological causes, and if there isn't such, he would certainly have further suggestions for your sensations.

I hope I helped with my answer. Feel free to ask me further questions.