DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

My feet feel hot, hurt (not pain) and some of my toes feel ...

My feet feel hot, hurt (not pain) and some of my toes feel numb. The skin on my feet iches but there are no signs of anything on the skin. This only happens at night when I go to bed. I also have to move my feet and legs constantly to try and get some relief. It is difficult for me to get to sleep and even wakes me up during the night. I have broken my toe on my left foot several times and this toe is numb and I can''t stand even a sheet to touch it. I take many health supplements - chromium, magnesium, coQ10, fish oil,wheat germ, calcium, DMAE, hoodia, realacore, baby aspirin, osteo-biflex, and a multi vitamin for woman. I also take RX meds., Evista, Simvastatin, Citalopram and Omeprazole. I don''t know if these could have anything to do with the way my feet feel. Any help you can give me will be appreciated as this seems to be getting worse.
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.
A condition calles restless leg syndrome can cause these symptoms.This condition may be due to imblaance of chemicals in the brain. The condition may not be realted to any serious disease but sometimes heredity,pregnancy, stress, iron deficiency & kidney peoblems may be related. Diagnosis is done clinically. Some investigations including a sleep study may be done to exculde other problems. Treatment includes life-style changes & prescription medications. Anti-depressants like citalopram may worsen or precipitate restless leg sundrome.
I would suggest consulting a neurologist for evaluation & treatment.
For more information, please read this.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.