Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

The right side of my stomach hurts when I press on it ...it ...

Customer Question

The right side of my stomach hurts when I press on it ...it hurts even when I don't but not as much and I have had my period for two weeks. What does this mean.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

I want to get some more detail information about your problem-

How long it is there?In which part of the right side above or below? Does it pain even when you dont press on it?

How is your stool & urine?

Any nausea or vomiting?

Do you have any other disease?

Do you take any medicine?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It has been there for the past three days. It's is the below right side. The pain is there even if I don't press on it. I have had diarhea and constantly urinating. A little bit of nausea but no vomiting. I do not have any diseases and the only medicine I take on occasion is Allegra for my allergies. It hurts when I go to stand or when I first sit. I think I might go to the hospital.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

It may be due to some problems with your kidney which is causing increased urination.

This may also cause the nausea.

The problem may be some infection or crystal.

As you had diarrhea this may also be a factor.

Yes , you should go to hospital to have an examination.

I hope this will satisfy your query. If you need further clarifications, I will be happy to explain you.

If you find this information helpful, please press ACCEPT button. Bonus is appreciated.

Your Positive Feed back is very important to me. Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Would it also be causing my menstraul cycle to go on for two weeks?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
Sometimes menstrual period may be associated with pain which is known as dysmenorrhea.

But prolongation of menstrual cycle to 15 days needs investigation.

Thank you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do you think they will hospitalize me if it is indeed something to do with my kidney?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
They will do some tests first depending on which it will be decided. You may or may not need hospitalisation.

If they find some infection they may prescribe some antibiotics & let you take it at home.