Dr. Zia
Dr. Zia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified
8865089

will percocet and lortab show up the same in a urine test

Customer Question

will percocet and lortab show up the same in a urine test? i DO have a script for lortab. i took 2 percocets of my mothers and had a urine test today.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 6 years ago.

Are you going to have a urine test that is specific for Lortab ?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Dr.Joshi
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i had a urine test today b/c of a work related accident and i work for Family Doctors (employed by West Jefferson Hospital). So, I am concerned. like I said, I have prescriptions for the other meds.   Does it all show up the same? That is what I am concerned about.    Thank you for your time.

Soincerley,

Kristi C. Waguespack
Expert:  Dr. Zia replied 6 years ago.
Since Dr. Joshi is offline. I would like to take the opportunity to answer your question. The first thing that I would like to say here is that Loratab contains hydrocodone (which is a synthetic opioid) and percocet contains oxycodone (which again is a synthetic opioid). Both these drugs are not tested on the standard "opiate" testing (which detects codeine, morphine, heroin).

The answer to your question is "yes" both these drugs can detect detected at the same time in the urine but they are not tested on the standard testing that is done for illegal drugs.

Please let me know if you need more input.

Kindest Regards
Dr. Zia, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
WELL, I HAVE NOT DONE ANY ILLEGAL DRUGS. MY MAIN CONCERN WAS THAT I GOT THE PERCOCET FROM A FAMILY MEMBER. SO, WILL I BE OK? LIKE I SAID, I DO HAVE MY SCRIPT BOTTLE FOR THE OTHER STUFF!

THANKS AGAIN!
Expert:  Dr. Zia replied 6 years ago.
Like I mentioned even if you have taken percocet without prescription, this drug is generally not tested positive by standard opiate testing that is employed because this contains oxycodone which is a synthetic opioid. So the test will be negative with standard testing and you should be ok.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Kindest Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!   IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!