A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

How long does it take for prilosec otc to get out your system

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 8 years ago.

Hi, Lizzie,

I helped you with the Zantac question the other day. What is going on with the Prilosec?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My docotor told me to take mylanta,pepcid for two days and then add prilosec.For my acid reflux problem.Today i did take 1|2 a prilosec.I just thought that adding prilosec would be to much.what ya think?
Nope. Prilosec doesn't interfere with the others. They all work by slightly different methods to help with your stomach acid/reflux. Prilosec is a delayed release tablet, so you should not take half of it. It isn't dangerous to do so, but it negates the effectiveness of the drug.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Schuyler_ANP's Post: The reason that I asked was that I am one of those people that some meds make me a real medicine head.Which is inot fun if you are trying to work and etc.Just trying to do the right thng.Thank you for your help.
You're very welcome. The whole Prilosec should not affect you that way. It is quite safe.