Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

i have hypoplastic trochlear and would like to kno what ...

i have hypoplastic trochlear and would like to kno what this is and is surgery involved to correct it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

Hypoplastic trochlea is a congenital abnormality where trochlea of the femur did not develop fully. It leads to instability of the knee joint.

It may be asymptomatic where no treatment is required but in some cases it may cause pain and instability of joint.

Surgery sometimes helps but it should be decided by the orthopedic surgeon after clinical examination and imaging by MRI.

If you need further clarifications, I will be happy to explain you.

If you find this information helpful, please press ACCEPT button. Bonus is appreciated.

Your Positive Feed back is very important to me. Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr.D. Saha's Post: i have got pain and mri scan i can hardly walk and im going 2 see a surgen with the latest tecnollage what are the opperations?i should of asked my question more detail sorry
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
Surgery is fully individualised that means that it is dependent after assessment of your case .

There are various approaches & procedures for the realignment of the joint.

Both proximal soft-tissue and distal bony procedures are usually performed which the surgeon will explain after deciding on it.

Thank you