Terry
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
5185315
Health

How would you treat an salicylic acid burn on face. I ...

How would you treat an... Show More
How would you treat an salicylic acid burn on face. I used a pore reducer cream and now my face is bright red and still burning.
Category: Health
replied 8 years ago.

Hello andera,

Yes, wash the product completely off your face.

Would you please give a little more detail so I can help you better.

What is the name if the product?

Did you follow directions given?

Any dry flakey areas or any blisters?

Thank you.

Terry

Customer reply replied 8 years ago.
Yes, I did wash product off completely, the product is Joey New York, "pure pores" blackhead remover and pore minimizer. Yes I did follow directions only left on for one minute than rubbed off as directed. I do not have any flakey areas nor no blisters. The area does hurt to touch and is extremely red.
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN replied 8 years ago.

Hi andera,

Thank you for the extra added detail. Salycilic acid actually created a chemical burn similar to a sunburn. Sometimes it does this because it slowly removes the top layer of skin so that smoothe rewewed skin can appear over time. I wonder if it indicates a possibility of redness on the package. If you choose not to seek medical help then you can try some home remedies: aloe vera gel, aloe vera from a fresh aloe plant, compresses with cool water mixed with milk. A moisturizer is very important with these products because they create a dryness and flakiness usually. Use a moisturizer from a health food store (if possible), one with vitamin A and E in it. You probably are sensitive to this product and that's why it produced a severe reaction.

Sincerely,

Terry