Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Significant unexplained bruising on my back over kidney ...

Significant unexplained bruising on my back over kidney area. Was in Hospital last week, came home Sunday morning. Very large bruise, no falls, no abuse, but getting painful. Any help? Can I add a pic (clean, just the bruise)?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
graphicgraphic

The bruise is very significant and there can be many reasons for this including blood collection in underneath tissue, some infection, bleeding disorder, drug reaction, etc. Needs to be evaluated by a physician as soon as possible to ascertain the extent and cause.

Feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Arun Phophalia's Post: I was in the hospital due to my severe asthma. I went into hospital 3/28/2008 was discharged on 4/1/2008. Returned to hospital on 4/3/2008 thru 4/6/2008. I returned to dr today for a recheack with pulmonologist. She ran some bloodwork and urine but said will call with results. I last urinated at 4pm. I have been drinking water and crandberry juice, alot of it.graphicgraphic

Needs an attention by a physician. Visit to ER would be prudent.

Kindest regards.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Dr. Arun.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
IThank you, XXXXX XXXXX it is another trip back to ER. It is getting quite painful and obviously I can 't sleep either. Thank you so much for you help. I really appriciate it. ~Lisa

Dear XXXXX,

Yes. It is better that it is examined by a doctor. Would give lot of peace in mind.

Kindest regards,

Dr. Arun