Netty
Netty, Nurse
Experience:  Practicing LVN for 15 years,
8790583

I have been running a low grade fever for about 3 weeks, ...

Customer Question

I have been running a low grade fever for about 3 weeks, the highest it has been was 100.7 but for the most part it has been right around 100. I am not ill at all and the only complaint I have is the achiness that the fever causes but I am starting to worry about why the fever is not going away. I am 44 years old and have never been ill in the past. There is no chance I am pregnant because my tubes were tied 10 years ago. Nothing has changed in my life that should have caused this. I did have the flu about a month ago but got over it rather quickly. I am raising 6 teens so really do not have time to be sick... is there any way to get rid of fever that just will not go away?
Category: Health
Expert:  Netty replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomerbr />A fever that has lasted this long needs to be checked out, with some routin bloodwork by your doctor. This could also be your body telling you to slow down. I know how busy teenagers can make you, but you do have to take care of yourself, to be able to take care of them. Take couple of hours and go to the Dr. Get youself a checkup.
Netty
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Netty's Post: Going to the doctor is just not possible, it is not something my husband believes in and he would never want me to go. I have not been since we have been married when I was 17, all of our children were born at home with a midwife and my sister-inlaw helping. I am sure my husband will be upset that I have even asked for help, but being sick is worrying me. It is not that I am afriad he would hurt me, he would not ever do so, but it would be a direct conflict with him and would likely cause a great amount disappointment.Is there not something I can do at home to make this better?
Expert:  Netty replied 6 years ago.
Without going to the Dr and getting a diagnosis, there is no way of knowing what could be causing this fever. I would not want you to anything that is against your family wishes, but if this fever prosiest or becomes worse, you do need to get looked at. I am sure your husband would rather have a wife that went to the Dr, than a very sick wife. Taking Advil and keeping yourself hydrated is the best way to fight this with the options you have.
Best wishes
Netty
If this has helped please press the accept button.
Netty, Nurse
Experience: Practicing LVN for 15 years,
Expert:  Netty replied 6 years ago.
Hope all goes well. Please let me know how you are doing