Doctor_Manju
Doctor_Manju, Physician & Gynaecologist
Experience:  Medicine Consultant .Well experienced in Emergency &Gynae

can sinus pressure cause tiredness and the feeling of being ...

can sinus pressure cause tiredness and the feeling of being off balance?   is it allergy season?   and is there anythign u can do besides conventional medicine?
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor_Manju replied 6 years ago.
Hi

Other then conventional medications following tips will help you greatly

Topical nasal decongestants such as oxymetazoline (Afrin) and phenylephrine (Neo-Synephrine) provide relief from nasal congestion.The oral decongestant pseudoephedrine(Sudafed) help relieve nasal congestion & you can breathe easily.

Eucalyptus oil is should be used in a steam inhalation to help clear nasal and sinus congestion.All these medications are available at counter.

Avoid cold drinks & cold items.Sip hot liquids and drink plenty of fluids and take steam inhalation.Use a humidifier or steam in the bathroom.

And yes sinus pressure can cause tiredness and the feeling of being off balance or vertigo.The infection can travel through eustachian tube and cause infection in ear which can cause loss of balance(vestibule of ear normally maintains the balance of body.

Hope this helped.

Doctor_Manju, Physician & Gynaecologist
Experience: Medicine Consultant .Well experienced in Emergency &Gynae
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is this what it is then if i look down or stand still and feel an off balance feeling.. my nose is very dry and a little stuffy and my ears pop occasionally   and have a fullness in my head.. is this signs of sinus allergy things     

also can anxiety make ur legs feel tight\tense up? and give dizziness too?

Please stay online, I am replying you in a moment.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok

Ok

The labyrinth, a part of our vestibular (balance) system present in ear.

The labyrinth interacts with other systems in the body, such as the visual (eyes) and skeletal (bones and joints) systems, to maintain the body's position. These systems, along with the brain and the nervous system, can be the source of balance problems.

Yes anxiety,stress can also cause the symptoms like tense/tight feeling or dizziness.Other conditions like high blood pressure & diabes can also cause such symptoms.

So you need examination by a otolaryngologist for blood tests, an electronystagmogram (ENG--a test of the vestibular system), or imaging studies of the head and brain to know the exact cause & treat accordingly.

http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/balance/balance_disorders.asp

Hope this helped