Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Well Ive had this very small white bump on my lip ...

Well Ive had this very small white bump on my lip right near the corner of my mouth for over a year now. It is hardly noticeable unless you get very close to me and are looking for it. It is not painful nor does is cause me any discomfort. when i first got it i thought it was a simple pimple but it just never went away. I know its not a pimple cause it cant be "popped", and it just kinda seems like its part of my lip, but i know its not normal. Also if the question of an STD such as herpes comes to mind, I will tell you I have no signs of any STD what so ever and appear to be perfectly normal and Have been my entire life. So is there any Idea what this bump might be or how to possibly treat it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.

This can be milia, which are benign, keratin-filled cysts. Secondary milia are found anywhere on the body at the sites affected by the predisposing condition. They arise following blistering or trauma due to disruption of the sweat ducts. See the pictures for the comparison and reading out in this resource;

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok, yes the pictures you linked me looked just like what I have, tho i have only a single one. So is there anything serious about this medically. Also should I go see a docter about getting this removed?

They can be safely left alone. But if you are worried just because of looks / cosmetic concerns, consult a dermatologist / PCP, who would pop it off with a cutting edge needle. Topical ointments are not effective.

Dr. Arun