Angel
Angel, Nurse
Experience:  24 years experience
8398907

I have this very strong and gross smell stuck in my nose ...

I have this very strong and gross smell stuck in my nose no matter where I am or what I am doing for 4 days now. Everything I eat and no matter what, I still smell and taste this disgusting smell. I am taking antibiotics for an Upper Respiratory Infection and have a lot of coughing. I have heard the smell thing could be from a sinus infection but if I am already on antibiotics shouldn''t it go away with the other infection? And how do I get rid of this smell? I cant eat or drink without feeling sick to my stomach because of this smell.
Category: Health
Expert:  Angel replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Yes, as the antibiotics start to work and the upper respiratory infection clears this should all go away. You sound as if you are very ill with your URI and possible sinus infection so this may take some time. Give yourself a few more days and I believe that you will start to feel better and this smell will most likely disappear and you will be back to normal. If you find that this isn't the case, make a trip into your doctor's office for further evaluation. I know that it seems like an eternity when you are ill, but the antibiotics will help this to go away. It just takes some time. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Angel