Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant

Is there any way to grow back your uterine lining to get ...

Customer Question

Is there any way to grow back your uterine lining to get pregnent after a Endometrial Ablation?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 8 years ago.

No- this is not possible. This surgery usually causes sterility by destroying the lining of the uterus. Pregnancy may still be possible if a small part of the endometrium is left in place. As your doctor knows your history well, this is something you need to discuss with your doctor. Only then could your doctor decide if pregnancy is possible and if you are able to have a viable pregnancy. Generally there is a concern for placental abnormalities such as placenta accreta that in some cases could warrant an emergency hysterectomy. There have been some cases of successful pregnancy after ablation, but there have also been cases of the complete opposite.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank You for your advise, I was hoping for another answer and another baby and this may not be possible, but I have an appointment with my OBGYN soon and I will find out more.

You are very welcome. I would most definately ask your doctor about what I stated above.