Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis
5326904

I HAD V.B. ABOUT A WEEK AGO, WHEN I FINISHED MY ...

I HAD V.B. ABOUT A WEEK AGO, WHEN I FINISHED MY MEDICATION I HAD SEX AND EVER SINCE I HAD A BURNING AROUND MY VIGINA. CAN THIS BE A SYMPTOM OF A S.T.D?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. M. Lahkar replied 8 years ago.

What do you mean by VB?

Do you have any abnormal vaginal discharge, itchiness around vagina?

Im stll online to answer your queries after you send me this info.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
IM SORRY, ITS BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS.
Hi, having a burning micturition alone may not indicate an STD as it can be simply due to urinary tract infection. Std is usually associated with other symptoms like smelly discharge, itching, sores, fever, fatigue etc. Here is a website to check out the common symptoms. For the burning, you can drink plenty of water, keep your vaginal area clean and you can have an OTC alkali mixture like bicitra or citrolith.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the " GREEN ACCEPT" button.I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I JUST NOTICED BROWN OR PURPLE DISCHARD AND IT LOOK LIKE LITTLE CUTS AROUND MY VIGINA.
Hi, does the discharge have a 'fishy' odor? Did you notice it just after having sex?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Sandra's Post: NO ODOR AT ALL. I NOTICED IT THE MORNING AFTER, WELL ACTUALLY THIS MORNING. I TOOK A SHOWER I THOUGH IT WAS BLOOD BUT ITS NOT AND ITS STILL COMING OUT.
Hi, then it is not likely to be STD. The brown vaginal discharge is likely to be a variation of a normal vaginal discharge which can vary in different phases of the menstrual cycle.