DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD
8742629

Diahrrea after eating anything for 3 months, had ...

Customer Question

Diahrrea after eating anything for 3 months, had gallbladder taken out 3/6/08 but have pain in upper stomach, weight loss all the symptoms I had before gallbladder removal. I have had CT with contrast no unusual findings,Enoscopy no ulcer just inflamation of stomach and small intestines, stool samples for bacteria or food borne illness were fine except had very low good bacteria. Just not sure what to do next, I have appt. with Gasto Dr. tomorrow and would like some info to take with me....should a colonoscopy be the next step? Any insight from you is appreciated. Thank You Judy R.
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 8 years ago.

Since you are online please provide me some information.

When was endoscopy done? Is there any burning sensation , heart burn or fullness of stomach? Why your Gall Bladder was removed? What is the content of vomiting? Is it forceful vomiting?

thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to DR.AMIT's Post: no vomiting...nausea and diahrrea feeling that I am full soon after eating a small amount every time i eat...some burning in lower stomach and the endoscopy was done 3/27/08.Gallbladder removed for those symtpoms and polyps,sludge and wall thickening...no stones.
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 8 years ago.
Are you taking any medication for anxiety , panic attack or migraine?
Is vomiting continuous or there are period of symptom relief?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to DR.AMIT's Post: medications include Levothyroxin 150mcg for thyroid cancer 2005, Protonix 40mg no other meds at this time. I do NOT have vomiting....I have continuous diahrrea and upper stomach pain, about 2 inches above belly button.
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 8 years ago.
Continuous diarrhea can be due to Bacterial infections,Viral infection ,Parasitic infection, ulcerative colitis , Crohn's disease, intestinal cancer, Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Anxiety , Stress , Lactose intolerance , pancreatic disease , diverticulitis etc . You need to be properly examined , since your CT was normal conventional procedures like Barium studies can help . You should definitely go for Colonoscopy this will help you to diagnose the cause.
Medication which you are taking can also be cause of recurrent diarrhea . Diarrhea is side effect of both the drugs . For detail of side effects of both the drugs please visit following links:http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/synthroid_ad.htm    http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/protonix_ad.htm. Please consult your gastroenterologist and discuss issue in detail.

thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to DR.AMIT's Post: would IBS be constant for 3 months and how they come to the conclusion that I have IBS...
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 8 years ago.
Irritable bowel disease (IBS) can cause recurrent diarrhea ,there are small volumes of loose diarrhea along with abdominal pain. Diagnosis of IBS is based on clinical history and symptoms. There are few criteria for diagnosis of IBS. For details of these criteria please visit :http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic1190.htm . Investigation like stool examination , barium studies, sonography , CT-scan will help to rule out other causes .

thanks
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 8 years ago.
HELLO,

If you think my advice was useful for you, please give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK.

THANKS