Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

I BRUSH MY TEETH 3 TIMES A DAY FLOSS EVERYDAY AND RINSE ...

Customer Question

I BRUSH MY TEETH 3 TIMES A DAY FLOSS EVERYDAY AND RINSE WITH MOUTHWASH. IV EVEN USED RETARDEX FOR MONTHS WHICH WAS ONLY HELPFULL FOR A SHORT TIME BEFORE BAD BREATH RE APPEARS THIS HAS BEEN ON GOING FOR A YEAR OR MORE AND ITS RUINING MY LIFE. I DO BRUSH MY TONGUE, CHEECKS AND THE ROOF OF MY MOUTH, BUT AFTER 2 MINS THE PROBLEM IS BACK. IT SEEMS TO COME FROM THE BACK OF MY THROAT BEHIND MY TONSILS AND SMELLS LIKE FEACES, IM ONLY 24 AND THIS IS REALLY GATTING ME DOWN, IV LOST ALL CONFIDENCE, NEVER GO OUT ANYMORE AND AM DESPERATE FOR SOMEBODY TO HELP, I HAVE REG VISITS TO THE DENTIST AND HAVE DONEEVERYTHING HE TOLD ME TO DO WEN I TOLD HIM THE PROBLEM, BUT A YEAR LATER THE PROBLEM STILL WORSE THAN EVER,,, PLEASE PLEASE HELP. JO
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

Hello Joanna,

I understand your concern.

Sometime upper respiratory tract infection like chronic sinusitis, tonsillitis or dyspepsia may also cause bad breath. If you have any, try to treat them.

Cigarette smoking is also a factor for bad breath. If you are smoker you have to avoid it to get rid of your problem.

Sometime dry mouth also causes bad breath. Drink plenty of water. To keep your mouth moist, be sure to consume plenty of water — not coffee, soft drinks or alcohol.

Chewing gum (preferably sugarless) or sucking on candy (preferably sugarless) also stimulates saliva, washing away food particles and bacteria.

You can use chlorhexidine mouth wash at times.

Use a fairly new toothbrush to remove any food particles in between the teeth.

Try to brush after any consumption of food.

If you still have problem after correcting the above factors you can consult again dentist for dental check up.

If you need further clarifications, I will be happy to explain you.

If you find this information helpful, please press ACCEPT button. Bonus is appreciated.

Your Positive Feed back is very important to me. Thank you for contacting Just Answer.